Africa is the second most populous continent, and one plagued by a high poverty rate. Below are the top 10 poorest countries in Africa basing on International Monetary Fund(IMF) Gross Domestic Product per Capita which is a measure of a country’s purchasing power in international markets.
Over half of the nations in Africa are considered to be the poorest in the world. The continent as a whole has lower levels of success economically than the other six continents around the world.
The causes of poverty in these African countries are;
# Poor leadership
# Massive embezzlement
# Diversion of public funds
# Civil wars
# International interference
# Years of unrest and
# Poor economic and development policies
The following is the list of the countries;
1. South Sudan: GDP per Capita- $237.44
2. Burundi: GDP per Capita- $292.01
3. Malawi: GDP per Capita- $338.48
4. Niger: GDP per Capita- $378.06
5. The Central African Republic: GDP per Capita- $418.41
6. Madagascar: GDP per Capita- $449.7
7. The Democratic Republic of Congo: GDP per Capita- $462.78
8. Somalia: GDP per Capita- $478.34
9. Liberia: GDP per Capita- $694.32
10. Gambia: GDP per Capita- $709.01
There you have usual, don’t forget to bookmark our blog, and subscribe to all our social media platforms including our WhatsApp TV channel that provides you with timely updates on our blog and other services.